International experience-building, organizational development, external contact and communication, an active network of highly motivated volunteers and fundraising
IFMSA (International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations) was founded in 1951 and is today one the oldest and largest student-run organizations, engaging more than 1.3 million students globally, counting 130+ national member organizations across 120+ countries. Health is at the very forefront of our work; and our activities include advocacy, international exchange of students, and capacity building of qualities in youth essential for a healthier world in the future.
(You can watch a brief video about us at this link.
A successful part time administrator in IFMSA is in close collaboration with the VPA (Vice-President for Activities), of the Executive Board who oversees the Secretariat; works together with the Executive Board for the international biannual General Assemblies in IFMSA, and balances both administration and prioritization in their work.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Communication: As part time administrator you will be the focal point for the administrative work in IFMSA, collaborating closely with the Executive Board. You will be the contact for Danish authorities, bank, accountant e.g. You will oversee the general mail accounts for the organization, including physical archives and mail.
- Management: Assistance in relation to General Assemblies, service to the Executive Board and Team of Officials, meetings with the Board of the organization, planning of events.
- Organizational development: Collaboration with the Vice-President for Activities on developing standard procedures for IFMSA and improving work procedures for the organization.
- Fundraising and financial management: Assisting the Vice-President for Finances in financial management, including follow-up work on grants, documentation of economic procedures, as well as support fundraising for the organization.
- You must have a working permit for occupation in Denmark.
- High-level of both oral and written English
- Experience with administrative tasks and management
- Knowledge and skill with IT, including Office-package, Google Drive and mail administration.
- Budgeting and accounting with an interest in fundraising
- Experience from volunteer organizations and international collaboration (is preferred)
Other relevant qualifications include organizational skills, time management, prioritization, communicative skills as well as personal initiative to solve issues. You can function independently as well as work well in teams. Given the potential for development in IFMSA, it would be an advantage if you are ambitious, creative and visionary in your work.
As administrator you will collaborate closely with the Danish national member organization of IFMSA – IMCC – housed in the offices of IMCC in Copenhagen, which has three employees.
IFMSA is moving main offices to Copenhagen – for this reason you will be instrumental in starting up the IFMSA offices in Copenhagen with support from IMCC. The offices are within the Student House (Studenterhuset), Nørre Allé 8, Copenhagen University.
The position has a norm of 20 hours a week currently. Working hours are usually within regular office hours. Pay and conditions are as per agreement between HK and the Ministry of Finance for the given position (currently: 17.000 kr. pr. month plus 10% pension). Hiring as soon as possible.
Send us your motivated application, including your resumé (CV), both in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions, you are welcome to contact IMCC’s Head of Secretariat Mikael Bjerrum at 40113883, or via mail at: email@example.com
You can find more about us, our values and organization here.
More about IMCC can be found here.
Deadline for application: 8th of September 2018
We look forward to hearing from you